oncontextmenu="returnfalse" ondragstart="returnfalse" onselectstart="returnfalse">>>> Bri Runde: TurboFire Chili

Monday, March 10, 2014

TurboFire Chili

We eat a lot of chili in the winter at our house. Personally, my hubby makes my favorite ;), so I will have to share, but this one is pretty amazing too! 

When I started out on my Beachbody journey, my first workout was TurboFire. That's where this recipe came from, and the program comes with many other great recipes too. You can check it out here if you are interested.

Okay, go try this recipe. I promise you will love it! Easy. Healthy. Delicious.

Turbo Fire Chili Recipe
1 lb lean ground turkey (We use venison because that is all we have around here and it's super lean.)
1/2 cup diced tomatoes
8 oz whole kernel corn, canned
1/2 onion, diced
2 garlic cloves
8 oz black beans, canned
8 oz pinto, chili, or kidney beans, canned
1 tbsp tomato paste
1 pkg Lawry's Chili seasoning
4 oz low-fat shredded cheddar cheese (optional)


Brown meat. Drain and discard any fat. Place all ingredients except cheese into a slow cooker. Cook for 4 hours on low, or 2 hours on high. Top with 1 oz. cheese, if desired.


Vegetarians!
It's extremely easy to modify this recipe! Just leave out the turkey and add extra beans! The more veggies, the better, in my opinion... tomatoes, mushrooms, peppers, corn... it's pretty hard to mess up.

Let me know if you try it out and what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment