oncontextmenu="returnfalse" ondragstart="returnfalse" onselectstart="returnfalse">>>> Bri Runde: Basil Pesto Quesadillas

Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Basil Pesto Quesadillas

Let's face it, meals in our house the past week have had to be simple and quick as we are figuring out this whole diabetes thing. A couple nights ago I made the kids mozzarella cheese quesadillas, and I had planned on making some avocado ones for my MIL and I. However, my avocados weren't too ripe. Plan B... I pulled out the basil pesto sauce I had in the fridge, and I have to say, I am glad the avocados weren't ripe! ;) This was pure deliciousness!

BASIL PESTO QUESADILLAS

INGREDIENTS: 

  • Basil pesto sauce
  • 1 small roma tomato, diced
  • 1 green onion, sliced
  • Salsa
  • Mozzarella cheese
  • Whole Wheat Tortillas
  • Seasonings of choice - We used:
    • Cumin
    • Garlic Powder
    • Paprika
    • Sea Salt

DIRECTIONS:

  1. With the tortilla flat, spread an even layer of basil pesto sauce over the entire area. 
  2. Layer with diced tomato and green onion.
  3. Sprinkle on your seasonings.
  4. Put mozzarella cheese on top of all of this.
  5. Fold the tortilla in half to close.
  6. Spray skillet with cooking spray, and place the quesadilla in the skillet.
  7. Brown on both sides.
  8. Top with salsa if desired.
Yum, yum, yum! Let me know if you give it a try. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment