oncontextmenu="returnfalse" ondragstart="returnfalse" onselectstart="returnfalse">>>> Bri Runde: Citrus Baked Chicken with Glazed Carrots

Friday, September 19, 2014

Citrus Baked Chicken with Glazed Carrots

Wednesday night I cooked up a meal from my Insanity book. I wasn't sure what the family would think of it, but they tried it and gave two thumbs up as they gobbled it down. I, personally, was worried about the honey-glazed carrots, because I am not a big fan of honey {I know, I know... who doesn't like honey?!} but it's a keeper from me too! Give it a try, and let me know what you think. 

So far, so good on my Insanity journey. Today is day 5 of 60. Monday I will be posting a week one progress update here on the blog to share my thoughts with you all. Have a great Friday, friends!


{Makes 1 serving}

INGREDIENTS:
5 oz. raw boneless, skinless chicken breast
1 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil
2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
1/2 tsp. paprika
Sea salt and fresh ground black pepper {to taste; optional}
2 medium carrots, sliced, cooked, hot
2 tsp. raw honey

DIRECTIONS:
  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
  2. Place chicken in small, ovenproof dish.
  3. Drizzle with oil and lemon juice; sprinkle with paprika. Season with salt and pepper {if desired}. 
  4. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until center is no longer pink and juices run clear. 
  5. Drizzle carrots with honey.
  6. Serve chicken with carrots on the side.
TIPS/MODIFICATIONS:
For a 400-calorie meal: Add 1/2 cup cooked brown rice on the side.

For a 500-calorie meal: Increase chicken to 6 oz. and add 3/4 cup brown rice.

NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION {per serving}: 
Calories: 303
Total Fat: 9 g
Saturated Fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 91 mg
Sodium: 517 mg
Carbohydrate: 26 g
Fiber: 4 g
Sugar: 17 g
Protein: 32 g

No comments:

Post a Comment