oncontextmenu="returnfalse" ondragstart="returnfalse" onselectstart="returnfalse">>>> Bri Runde: Insanity // Week 1 Plan

Monday, September 15, 2014

Insanity // Week 1 Plan

After doing PiYo, I am ready to start something a little more intense. We have had INSANITY at our house for months now, and I have joined in with My Hunter whenever he worked out with it on the weekends. I decided I wanted to commit to doing this workout program from beginning to end and experience the whole thing. I want to see what kind of results I can get if I commit 100% to this program. I feel like I have been back and forth with my eating lately, and I am ready to get back on track, back into a routine. 


What is it? 
INSANITY is a 60-day, cardio-based, total-body conditioning program that’s pretty intense. Fitness expert Shaun T drew on his collegiate track-and-field training, plus his subsequent years of experience as an elite trainer, to create a program that takes total-body conditioning to an extreme level. INSANITY is the pinnacle of cardio training. 


Why is it effective?
Interval training allows you to beat the “stress adaptation response,” which is what happens when your body gets used to exercising at one level of exertion and stops improving. An interval workout includes a set where you perform at your maximum, followed by one of lower intensity, with the cycle repeated to achieve a cumulative effect.

INSANITY uses MAX Interval Training, which replaces your moderate-intensity exercise with maximum-intensity exercise, and your short intervals of intensity with short periods of rest. Adding high-intensity exercise, during which your heart rate increases to 80% or more of its maximum capacity, forces your body to use fast-twitch muscle fibers not normally engaged in cardio exercise. These fast-twitch fibers continue burning extra fuel even during lower-intensity exercise.

This program’s high-intensity activity is likely to have you working out at over 85% of your maximum capacity, instead of the lower rate recommended in other programs. As a result, you’ll experience faster increases in fitness and more efficient burning of carbohydrates and fat—as much as 1,000 calories per hour. 

What equipment is needed? 

I love that you use only the power and resistance of your own body to amp up your cardio, lower your body fat percentage, and sculpt your muscles. You don’t need any gear other than water, a towel, and your own strength of purpose.

Week 1 Workouts:
Monday - Fit Test
Tuesday - Plyometric Cardio Circuit
Wednesday - Cardio Power & Resistance
Thursday - Cardio Recovery
Friday - Pure Cardio
Saturday - Plyometric Cardio Circuit
Sunday - Off

I am ready to start this morning, and I refuse to let the busyness of fall and getting back into school, along with all our other activities and obligations ruin the goals I have for my health and fitness. Who's with me??? I am starting a brand new transformation group on October 6th! More to come on that soon, but if you are interested, be sure to contact me now to reserve your spot on the list!

No comments:

Post a Comment