oncontextmenu="returnfalse" ondragstart="returnfalse" onselectstart="returnfalse">>>> Bri Runde: Clean Eating Principles

Thursday, August 21, 2014

Clean Eating Principles

Have you ever heard someone mention that they are "eating clean" and thought to yourself, what the heck is that?

Well you aren't alone, because when I started this journey two years ago I heard that phrase and had no clue what it meant.

The trick is figuring out what those healthy foods are and how much of them to eat, because if I have learned one thing over the past two years it is that I can exercise all I want, but if I am not eating right, I am not going to get very far. If I eat garbage, my body will show that. And if I eat clean, my body will show me that too, giving me a healthy glow and more energy.

Here are some basics that I have found very important:

  • Eat 5-6 small meals per day.
  • Eat every 2-3 hours.
  • Have a lean protein and complex carb at every meal.
  • Drink your body weight, divided by two, in ounces every day.
  • Never skip a meal, especially breakfast!
  • Have clean-eating foods with you at all times; carry a thermal tote filled with healthy snack options.
  • Avoid over-processed, refined foods, especially white flour and sugar.
  • Avoid all saturated and trans fat.
  • Avoid sugar-filled pops and juices.
  • Consume healthy fats each day.
  • Avoid alcohol, which is another form of sugar.
  • Avoid all calorie dense foods containing no nutritional value.
  • Depend on fresh fruits and veggies to get you your fiber, vitamins and enzymes.
  • Measure! Stick to appropriate portion sizes.

1 comment: